Announcements


Updated COVID-19 Mitigation Strategies at Zion

Posted November 13, 2020

Please click here for Zion's updated COVID-19 mitigation strategies: COVID-19_Letter_11-13-20.pdf

Fellowship Club

Posted November 6, 2020

Fellowship Club Update: Clothing items for the Orphan Grain Train warehouse WILL continue to be collected through November. Items can be brought to the storage/quilting area in the fellowship hall. Invite community friends and neighbors to join you in supporting this important care ministry with clothing donations (new, good used, men’s, women’s, children’s, all sizes and seasons).


Thanksgiving Eve Service

Posted November 6, 2020

Joint Thanksgiving Eve Service at Zion with Trinity Lutheran, Manilla, on Wednesday, November 25 at 7:00 p.m.  It will also be streamed on Zion's facebook page.

Building Healthy Families

Posted November 6, 2020

Building Healthy Families: If you believe as we do that every life is precious and created by God in His image, then you will be outraged to know that only 30% of babies diagnosed in utero with Down Syndrome never get the chance to draw a breath: 70% are aborted. Want to do something about that? Lutheran Family Service is excited to announce a bold new Down Syndrome Adoption Initiative that will reach women who have received a prenatal diagnosis of Down Syndrome and are considering abortion. We will help them choose life for their baby and if needed, find a loving home through adoption. This initiative will also identify and prepare Christian couples to adopt newborns with Down Syndrome. Check out the video on the Lutheran Family Service web page at www.lutheranfamilyservice.org/pregnancy-support/down-syndrome-adoption/ to meet the DeJong family. They’re ready to go and just waiting to meet their newest family member with who just happens to have Down Syndrome! While you’re there, make a gift through the For Such a Time as This Year-End Giving Campaign to help launch this program and welcome these children into God’s kingdom! Lutheran Family Service - www.LutheranFamilyService.org


Altar Guild

Posted November 6, 2020

Altar Guild Assistance: Enjoy serving behind the scenes at your own schedule? Consider helping the alar guild. The altar guild cares for the paraments, candles, Communion vessels, and more – and they could use your help. Please consider volunteering. Speak with Pastor Conner or Monica Christensen to learn more.


Resources

Posted October 8, 2020

Resources for Individuals and Families:

 Find dozens of free faith-edifying resources for individuals and families! Learn more at www.cph.org.

 With headlines, news briefs, and feature stories, kids and teens can learn what's going on all over the world. Parents and teachers can rely on safe, educational news with a biblical worldview. You're not alone in educating the next generation. Train them up in the way they should go without the blindfolds or the overexposure.  Learn more at https://worldwatch.news

 Helping people experience the Bible as a unified story that leads to Jesus with top notch animated videos on Biblical books and themes. Find out more at www.thebibleproject.com/explore


Projectionists wanted:

Posted October 8, 2020

Projectionists wanted:  We are looking for a few people to help with the worship services on Sundays.  If interested in becoming one of our projectionists, please see Shannon.  You would be put on a rotating schedule so it could be once a month or once every couple of months that you would be needed. Thanks.

COVID-19 Procedures

Posted June 30, 2020

COVID-19 Procedures: Zion’s Safety and Security Team has developed safety procedures in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.  Please remember to social distance when finding a place to sit for services.  There are also hand sanitizing stations throughout the fellowship hall.  Offering plates will not be passed but continue to be placed by each door.

 The Safety and Security Team also recommends that you download the Zion app. It enhances our communication capabilities by enabling us to send notifications to your cell phone. Download “The Church App” and select “Zion.”

Care Connections: In times of uncertainty, such as we find ourselves in the midst of the current pandemic, communication is critical. Please, please ensure that your contact information is up to date, especially emails and cell numbers. You may email this to Zion at zionmanninglcms@gmail.com. Thank you!


Food Pantry

Posted April 14, 2020

Manning Food Pantry: Current needs include:  Cereal, dish soap, laundry detergent, garbage bags, ketchup, crackers, fruit juice, chocolate chips, flour, baking soda, jelly, cake/brownie mixes, coffee, hamburger helper, instant oatmeal, quick oats, muffin mix, pork & beans, block cheese, peanut butter, mac & cheese, frozen pizza. 

The Pantry is available to anyone living in the IKM-Manning School District.  If you know of anyone who needs food assistance, encourage them to contact New Opportunities at 712-792-9266.


 


Zion's App

Posted April 14, 2020

Take Zion with you all week with our mobile app! Download “The Church App” on your smart phone, tablet, etc from your app store (the symbol is a gray cross in a white square) and choose Zion.  You can watch sermons and videos, check upcoming events, give online, listen as the Bible is read to you, and follow various  links to Zion's website/facebook page and more.


How to stay connected to Zion

Posted April 14, 2020

How can I stay connected to Zion during this time?

It’s a question that we’re all asking, no matter our age or stage of life! Your pastor, secretary, and many members are working hard to find ways to connect!

  1. If you have internet access of any kind (smartphone, tablet, computer), you can view any of Zion’s recent services, daily prayers, Bible studies (and other videos) through Zion’s Facebook page, even if you don’t have a Facebook account, by following the steps below:

1)     Go to Zion’s homepage (zionmanning.com)

2)     Click on “Links” (near the top of the page)

3)     On the Links page, click on “Facebook Link.”

4)     On the Facebook page, click on “video” to select a service, prayer, or other video.

If you have internet access but can’t get this to work for you, call the church office for assistance!

  1. If you would like to have printed copies of the sermons mailed to you, or to pick them up in the office, just notify the church office! (712) 655-2352
  1. DVDs of the services are also available to be mailed or picked up. 
  1. If you need anything, please call the church office (or email: zionmanninglcms@gmail.com). We have members who work in Carroll and/or are willing to drive there to pick up prescriptions, groceries, etc., and deliver them to your door. And, your pastor is always happy to listen to your concerns and/or to pray with you over the phone!       
  1. Prayer is powerful, and also a great way to stay connected to the ministry of the Church and to your fellow believers! And your continued faithful giving will allow the mission of the Church to go forward during this crucial time.

Caring in Christ,

Pastor Conner

Reminder:

Posted April 1, 2020

Remember every morning at 7:30 via Facebook Live morning prayer

Sunday mornings after worship for Bible study via Facebook Live

Also, check out Trinity, Manilla’s Facebook page for additional resources.

You can also access all these on You Tube.  Search for Zion Manning and look for the picture of our church.


Preparing for worship

Posted May 3, 2019

Preparing for Worship:  
Readings for Sunday, November 22 (Last Sunday of the Church year) Ezekiel 34:11-16, 20-24, 1 Corinthians 15:20-28, and Matthew 25:31-46.

Readings for Sunday, November 29 (First Sunday in Advent) Isaiah 64:1-9, 1 Corinthians 1:3-9, and Mark 11:1-10 or Mark 13:24-37.

Readings for Sunday, December 6 (Second Sunday in Advent) Isaiah 40:1-11, 2 Peter 3:8-14, and Mark 1:1-8.

Readings for Sunday, December 13 (Third Sunday in Advent) Isaiah 61:1-4, 8-11, 1 Thessalonians 5:16-24, John 1:6-8, 19-28.


Copyright Zion Lutheran Church | All Rights Reserved | Site developed by Emagine, LLC